Re: Overhang foreskin

Written by RS on 25. September 1999 at 07:37:06:

In Reply to: Re: Overhang foreskin written by d on 22. September 1999 at 23:15:31:

Hi Alan and d,

>>It is said that overhang foreskin is a valid medical reason for circumcision. What overhang would be considered to be acceptable and at what length of overhang would it be advisable to be circumcised?

>I have never heard overhang as a reason for circumcision--

I have never heard it as a "VALID MEDICAL reason" ... it is a frequent misinterpretation of the effects of frenulum breve - and circumcision is actually sought for from men with this experience because it seems they got frustrated and fed up with the "redundant foreskin" "it just gets in the way all the time" ...

>I have heard and read of those who attempt various techniques including some advertised on the web and magazines for lengthening overhang -

actually to lengthen it or just to make it a normal length?

>but never as a reason for circumcision!- A new one each day!
There are a number a fantasyful ideas for and against, ... and I always want to cut through the middle

I feel maybe we could ask Alan what length of overhang you have - do you feel your foreskin "gets in the way all the time" ... if it does, then when you talk about circumcision, you should consider how much, - this is surely not a question of full circumcision or nothing at all ...

otherwise, , ... I`ll quote from a parallel thread:

i" when erect sure sounds like a long overhang, but I`ve never heard of a problem being caused merely by a long overhang ... it would seem to me that the basic problem may still be some remnant from the ripped short frenulum which is holding this overhang forward ... ? ... I`m unsure, maybe the question depends on the shape of glans, and there`s just a whole lot of geometrical variations, ...

Robin

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo