Re: Mild Phimosis

Written by Peter on 12. November 1999 at 23:42:51:

In Reply to: Mild Phimosis written by Andrew on 10. November 1999 at 02:17:34:

Andrew, I'm sure your girlfriend is right when she says you ought to do something about it, because the trouble is that if you keep getting little cuts, each time they heal they leave a bit of scar tissue, and this is less elastic that the rest of your foreskin, and the result will be that it gets tighter and not looser. This is widely recognised, there's several comments saying so in this forum, and also in the website https://www.male-initiation.net/, and I can confirm it from my own experience. There's various things to do about it, like gentle stretching with creams, or dorsal slits, or partial circumcisions in which just the end of the foreskin is cut off, and these are all talked about in the website, mainly under "phimosis". If your foreskin is not too tight, which seems to be the case, one or other of these solutions will probably be OK. If you go to a doctor and (as well may happen) he says circumcision is the only solution, there is nothing to be scared about, since all you have to do is say No. But there's no need to be scared of circumcision either if in the end it comes to that. Adult circumcision is not painful or stressful, and there's a billion guys who are cut (a billion and one, counting me), and the great bulk of us are happy with it. This forum is neither pro nor anti - nor am I - but there are people for whom it's the best solution.

Peter.

Answers:

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo