Re: Center Of Competency

Written by christine smigel at 01 Jan 19100 05:32:34:

As an answer to: Center Of Competency written by CM at 29. October 1999 at 05:25:24:

>I know that the Japanese try not to circumcise because they appear naked in the public baths and they have developed many ways around helping phismosis without circumcision. I only found this information on the web and have not talked t any one about it. Butperhaps finding some japanese doctor might help.

Good Luck,

Christine
>My 12 year old son has Phimosis and we went to see a urogolist. He said we would have to do a circumcision and did not spend any time discussing the available options. The fact that it is slightly larger than a pin hole and there is ballooning when urinating was all that was required for a diagnosis of circumcision. I asked about remodeling (stretching) creams (steroid/non steroid) and got little reaction. On insistence for a conservative treatment (first) he gave me a prescription for Nizoral cream 2% and said that the chances of it working is 1% and I can come back in 3 months and schedule the surgery. My son is using the cream and attempting to gently remodel the foreskin. At this age he realize a circumcision would be unnatural and definitely does not want to have one done.
>Is there a center of competency within the Toronto area for Phimosis? Where can I find a doctor that knows a bit more than circumcision? Is Nizoral cream 2% something that has worked and if not what is some of the most common creams that has shown success.
>
>Would appreciate any assistance.

>Thanks
>Excellent site.

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo