Phimosis and Penile Growth

Written by Roxane at 11 Jan 2000 21:51:14:

My son (10yrs.) has a very tight foreskin. We treated it with a topical steroid, which loosened it right up in less than 2 weeks, but without continued
retraction it tightened up again.
He is not comfortable with retracting his foreskin at this time (it once got temporarily caught behind the glans and gave him quite a scare), so I decided that we would leave things as they are for now and he could use the cream again
when he reaches puberty and is more comfortable with the idea of retracting his foreskin.
I felt this was the right decision until recently, when a doctor told me that his tight foreskin would retard the growth of his penis.
Please could someone who has had, or does have adult phimosis please tell me if this is something I should be concerned about or just more misinformation from another ill-informed doctor.
I have had reassurances that this is not a concern, but I'm still worried because he does appear to be developing considerably slower than his younger
brother.
Please, anybody who has had first hand experience with this, I would really appreciate hearing from you.

Answers:

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo