Re: Phimosis and Penile Growth

Written by Daveat 18 Jan 2000 22:24:49:

As an answer to: Re: Phimosis and Penile Growth written by Roxane at 16 Jan 2000 23:05:05:

Hi Roxane.

With regard to your question about penile growth. I suffered from untreated phimosis until I was 26, and have suffered no ill effects as far as growth is concerned and I had adhesions to the head of my penis.

The skin on the penis is pretty stretchy, and up until I was circumcised this was not one of my fears – although I had many others..

I have discovered since being cut that I have experienced an increase in size, although that may be from the fact that I had surgery, or that I am now circumcised, rather than from the fact that I once had phimosis.

Sometimes cleanliness is mentioned as a problem. I had never seen the head of my penis until the day of my op., let alone clean it, so I never see this as too much of a problem – unless there are obvious signs of course.

Previously it was mentioned that at 10, your sons phimosis is unlikely to go away on its own, I would agree with this, but I am sure that your son will be OK. He is lucky that you are aware and that you will be able to guide him in the years to come.

I didn’t find the experience of adult circumcision too bad – much more psychologically painful and a bit of a journey for me, so if this is the final outcome, then don’t worry. You have already discovered many other options before reaching this stage.

Hope this helps.

Dave.

Answers:

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo