Re: What a relief! I am not the only one! I think I suffer from Phimosis. Help!

Written by Lilgirl at 29 Jan 2000 10:17:36:

As an answer to: What a relief! I am not the only one! I think I suffer from Phimosis. Help! written by Ed Recio at 24 Jan 2000 19:18:36:

Ed, I posted earlier on this site about my lover (in the UK) and his phimosis. He went to the doctor, and after what sounds like a pretty perfunctory examination, the doctor said it wasn't phimosis because he could retract it a little way (but not over the head at all - this, I know!) Anyway, that night the doctor came by his place, and said that he'd decided it was a lichenoid type of problem, and prescribed betamethasone 0.05%, which is what I'd already told my lover about, so he knew what it was (topical steroid).

Now, we just have to see if it works. The doctor's reaction was a bit annoying; he said 'Where did you get this word 'phimosis' from? You're a layman'. Like we can't read ... Anyway, he's got the cream, and I'll keep you posted on whether it works. But definitely, go to the doctor well-primed with information, and don't just accept at first examination that you'll need circumcision.

Cheers - and don't panic -

Lilgirl.

Answers:

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo