Re: What a relief! I am not the only one! I think I suffer from Phimosis. Help!

Written by Roxane at 31 Jan 2000 02:25:10:

As an answer to: Re: What a relief! I am not the only one! I think I suffer from Phimosis. Help! written by Ed at 28 Jan 2000 09:51:24:

Hi Ed,
I will send you all websites dealing with this as soon as I have found them again. Also, I have invited someone who has used the steroid cream successfully
to join this forum. Hopefully we'll be hearing from him soon. I have found him very helpful and reassuring.
Surely, if you go to your doctor armed with literature from the internet and a first hand account of how this cream works, she will have to give you the prescription. If she doesn't, than you'll just have to find another doctor.
We had to go to a few before I was able to get it.
Roxane
>>Ed,
>>I have heard from 2 adults who have used the topical steroid cream successfully and have read quite a bit about it. Stretching is not necessary with this cream.
>>I don't know about it's availability in the UK. You may have to go to your doctor armed with literature from the web.
>>Let me know if you need anymore help. I can give you some web sites and also forward your letter to someone who's been through this (if you like).
>>Roxane
>Roxane,
> Many thanks for the reply. I would appreciate any further help you can give, like more web addresses (perhaps it is possible to buy this cream over the web from the US?) and by all means forward on my letter to anyone you feel can help me.
>The UK GP system is a nightmare, and I do not hold out much hope of getting my GP to prescribe this. His reaction to my problem has been bery unsympathetic, he examined me for all of 2 seconds, did not even see the problem with an errection, never told me what I had, just said that I needed to be circumcised, end of discussion. I quizzed him for alternatives and he said there were none for someone of my age.
>This attitude is partly ignorance and partly eccononics, our so called new medical market ecconomy drives our doctors to find the cheapest and easiest solution for the system rather than the patient...
>Ed
>
>>>Hello all,
>>> What a relief to have found your site! I would appreciate very much any help you could all give me, or perhaps refer me to another source of advice for my problem. Thank you in advance for spending the time considering my problem.
>>>I am a 32 year old male. I have a 6" penis. Since a child I have had an incredibly tight foreskin.
>>>When my penis is flaccid my foreskin covers my penis completely and comfortably.
>>>In the flaccid state I can withdraw the foreskin completely to reveal the head with no problems, and often do for hygiene purposes etc.
>>>When my penis is fully erect I can only reveal about 10% of the head before the foreskin tightens too much. If I try to force the foreskin back in an errect state my penis/head becomes almost unbearably painful, and sex in this condition is agony.
>>>With my penis semi hard I am able to withdraw the foreskin back to the base of the head, if I then progress to full erection with the foreskin behind my head, the foreskin constricts to an extent that my head becomes deep purple as the blood flow is being constricted. I can have some sex like this but unless I have abstained form sex for weeks, I can only tolerate a few minuets of sex before the pain overrides any pleasure. Whenever I have done this the foreskin gets slightly stuck behind my head, but not in an unconfortable way, and will take a few days before returning to normal.
>>>After all these years my head has become incredibly sensitive due to the lack of exposure and the whole thing is affecting my sex life adversely, as I am very unconfident about being able to have pleasurable sex, which in turn has limited the opportunities and pleasure I can experience.
>>>I have been to my local GP (doctor) for advice who very quickly told me that circumcision was the only answer. I do not think this is right as everything I have read about circumcision seems very negative and it does seem such an extreme solution.
>>>Finally I began trawling the web and found you guys and the Tripod now: Male Initiation.net) & Cirp sites.
>>>I read about Michel Beauge and began to hope there was a solution other than surgery.
>>>Having absorbed about as much as I can from the web I would like to try stretching as a remedy, but despite all the articles on it I am still a little uncertain how to go about stretching my foreskin.
>>>Should I do it when flaccid, or erect?
>>>How long should before I see some results?
>>>Should I use Astro Glide, and if so how easy is it to obtain in the UK? (Over the counter at a chemsit?)
>>>What technique is best?
>>>When masterbating I always keep my foreskin over my head, and have never had any problems ejaculating. Mr Beauge mentions adopting a different technique when masterbating. Does anyone know what this technique is?
>>>I have just read Roxane mention Topical Sterod Cream.
>>>Can this help in an adult? How would one obtain it in the UK?
>>>Sorry for all the questions, I am just desperate to find a solution I can live with.
>>>Many thanks- Ed Recio.

Answers:

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo