Re: What a relief! Some progress I hope!

Written by Ed at 04 Feb 2000 08:53:26:

As an answer to: Re: What a relief! I am not the only one! I think I suffer from Phimosis. Help! written by Roxane at 01 Feb 2000 00:20:38:

I saw my doctor last night, and armed with all the info from the web managed to convince him to let me try the cream. We both studied some of the articles and he suggested I go with Hydrocortisone 1% first as it is milder, and if that does not work after six weeks he will put me on the Betamethasone 0.05%. I am happy to go along with him on that, at least I have got him off his dogmatic suggestion I get circumcised which is the standard UK remedy to this problem.

Thanks for the advise, it is great being able to talk to someone who has been through this already.

Ed
>Ed,
>Print this up:
>http://www.cirp.org/library/treatment/phimosis/dewan/
>and take Nick's account of how the cream worked for him.
>If this doesn't get you the prescription, I have contacted the head of "D.O.C.
>(Doctors Opposing Circumcission) to see if he has the names of some foreskin friendly doctors in the UK. He's the man who helped us to find the doctor who helped us.
>I'll send you more websites if I find any I think are better than this one and will post the names of UK doctors who are familiar with the topical steroid
>treatment (if Dr. Denniston knows of any). You're not the only one in the UK having difficulty finding a doctor willing to try anything other than circumcission.
>I don't understand the ignorance, after all you guys have been leaving your males intact while we've been circ'ing ours. Therefore your doctors should be more aware of alternatives to circumcission than ours (ours are horribly ignorant on this subject as well though).
>Anyway, let me know how you fare and you'll be hearing from me again.
>Roxane

Answers:

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo