Phismosis? Or something else?

Written by Sarah at 22 Feb 2000 13:08:02:

My lover was 18 and a virgin when we started having sex.

The first time we had sex we used a condom and sex painful for him, and he found achieving orgasm difficult.
Since his penis is quite large, we assumed the condom was too tight, and purchased some larger ones.

This helped alieviate the problem, but did not completely remove it.

Recently, after I recieved my all clear on STD testing, we started having sex without condoms, expecting that all pain and difficulty with achieving orgasm would cease.

Unfortuneately, this was not the case.

He experiences pain on entry, strong enough to make him wince and hiss, but not
enough to make him want to stop. Once he has entered fully, there is not more pain, but orgasm is often delayed and sometimes simply does not happen. This is
frustrating and distressing for us both.

I remarked casually that I felt perhaps his foreskin was too tight (although he has never had any discomfort when masturbating), and he said he tended to agree.
I mentioned that gentle stretching in the shower could sometimes help with the
problem, and he said he would try.

I am still concerned, however, as he has mentioned that his mother once told him
that he had some penile problem as an infant (but did not specify what the problem had been).

I have also noticed that the seam or raphe that runs the length of his shaft is broken and distorted from the top of the scrotum to about 2 or 3 inches up his shaft.

I am curious as to the nature of his problem, for until we know what precicely it is, we cannot really find a solution.

Hoping someone will have some ideas that can help us.

Sarah

Answers:

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo