Re: been there, done that

Written by Rob at 27 Feb 2000 03:37:25:

As an answer to: Re: been there, done that written by Nick at 20 Feb 2000 20:27:06:

Thanks for the help everyone ..
I've been applying the cream for about a week now, the foreskin seems
a little looser and I am able to stretch the opening only slightly larger
than before. I was wondering if I should be getting more significant
results by now ?

>>Hi guys - hi Roxanne - i hope you're reading this , your experience would help.
>>Ok, I got the betamethasone cream from my doctor .. although he himself doesn't know too much about it only that he believes it might work.
>I had phimosis until I was 18. I used betamethasone and it worked great.
>
>>So now i got questions - right way to apply it ? and how much should i apply it and where - i mean how far down do i put it on from the tip ?
>Good question. Start applying it today. I applied it after I got out of the shower each morining. I put enough on so that the foreskin was entirely covered (but not so much that it all wipes off onto your pants). I applied it from the tip of the foreskin to about half way down to the glans.
>>My doctor said that if it is successful, my glans would be really sensitive - maybe even painful, how can I minimize the pain ?
>>THANX IN ADVANCE!
>Oh yes, I do remember that. What I did was this: I got some "ambesol" (tooth ache liquid. the kind you put on your gums to numb it). I put a bit of it on my glans with a medicine dropper. BUT BE CAREFUL AT THIS POINT!!! It will burn. So what I did was kept a small cup full of *cold* water near me. After I put the ambesol on and it started to burn, I gently poured some water on it (just enough to stop the burning. Too much and you wash away the ambesol). Then I took a q-tip (you could use that, a wash cloth or anything else) and rubbed it firmly over my glans. I did this for about 15-20 minutes. I did this or 3 seperate times. That really helped decrease the pain. You also have to touch your glans a lot. Just rub it with your finger or something. In about a month or two it wont hurt anymore. Email me if you want. Good luck!
>Nick

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo