talking

Written by Peter at 01 Mar 2000 22:34:40:

As an answer to: Re: male circumcision forum written by Marnie at 28 Feb 2000 17:08:40:

>I live in USA, New Jersey...you say you are from Germany? Cool!
>Nice talking to you...
>--The "other" Marnie
>
>>Happy (cut) greetings from Germany
>>Peter

Hi Marnie,

thank You for posting, too. Let's start "talking"!

As You know, I'm from Germany and here is RIC completely unknown (exept turkish people and jews, of course).

For me it would be interesting to know, what a mother is thinking, when she decides to go for circumcision whith the child (is it the most normal thing, is it a special kind of care, ...) are you standing besides and look at this procedure performing?

What are the feelings of a mother of a circ'd child, when You see his small, circumcised willy? Are You proud of it, do You think it is good for the future wife, do You think that he got propper health-care?

Perhaps - or sure - this sounds if I would be anti-circ; but this is not true!!!

I'm only interested in knowing these things, because here in Germany this procedure is not routinely performed. I can not talk about this, because no mother or father is doing so!

I'm thoroughly convinced, that RIC is not only not a bad thing, there are different advatages! I had been very thankful, if my parents had decided to get me circ'd!!! (I got circ'd for different reasons, when I was 27.)

But although this is my conviction I would not have the nerves to fight against all people around me and get a future son circumcised!

Perhaps You understand my interest and can answer.

Happy (cut) greetings from Germany

Peter

Answers:

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo