Re: Skin adhesion (or bridges) on my baby boy....

Written by R J Knight at 23 Mar 2000 21:36:56:

As an answer to: Skin adhesion (or bridges) on my baby boy.... written by Marnie at 24 Feb 2000 22:27:56:

Marnie, it suddenly occurs to me that with all the discussion we've engaged in, I at least don't have a very clear picture of the extent of your baby's skin bridges, and having this would help somewhat in envisioning the actual situation. So, are there 1 or 2 bridges? or 6 or 7 bridges? Or has the entire cut surface where the foreskin was attached fused with the glans, all the way around the corona? If the latter is the case, correcting it is more of an undertaking than if there were just 1 or 2 bridges, and loosening the bridges manually is highly unlikely to be successful.
Knowing an answer to the foregoing will not, I think, change the fact that something needs to be done soon, but it will give a fuller picture of the extent of the problem. Hope you get the help you need soon. RJK.
>Hi...I need help...
>My baby boy was cir'd at a day old. Now he's 10 months old and it appears that the skin has grown back where the "ridge" should be.
>I consulted with two different doctors and got two different answers. One says "leave it alone, the skin will detach by itself"..another says "you gotta rip the skin apart otherwise it will get worse."
>What should I do? I dread the thought of putting my son through this "ripping" procedure since I understand they do not use anesthesia. Is there anyone out there who has been through this. I really need help cuz I've been crying over this for days....
>Thanks...
>--Marnie

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo