Re: Frenulum Breve? My urologists advice...

Written by dean at 03 Apr 2000 23:55:19:

As an answer to: Frenulum Breve? My urologists advice... written by Ken at 03 Apr 2000 06:25:37:

>This message is copied from the new forum.
>So I think I have frenulum breve (my reasons are below) and so I decided to go to the urologist. He told me that circumcision was the only solution, but that it would probably be accompanied by a frenuloplasty. He also said that I should wait a while and see what happens first, but as most of you probably know, this isn't something I'm enjoying. I asked him if I could just have the frenulum op
but he didn't like the idea and refered me to another urologist (who is more of this kind of operation urologist) who might have a different opinion. Of couse the appointment is in another 6 months, which is of course after waiting forever to get the first one... What should I do? He seemed to think that the problem was the foreskin itself being too tight, but when erect and retracted I can obviously see that the frenulum is white from being strained and is painfull. Since I wrote the description of my symptoms below (from another message), it has become easier to retract while erect and can even a little less painfull. The real pain comes if the foreskin is pulled upon when it is already retracted beyond the head. Perhaps I have both slight phimosis and frenulum breve? Should I try some betamethasone cream (the urologist hadn't heard of it)? Should I get just a frenuloplasty? Does it sould like a circ is neccessary. Thanks for the help, sorry for the length...
> Ken
>From Earlier message:
>(Ok. This is the problem. Ever since I was I child I relised that my foreskin didn't retract fully when erect (no problem when soft), but I thought it was normal. Masterbation was no problem, but when I become sexually active I noticed that something was wrong. I can now retract it when erect so that it is just no longer covering the head , but it is still painfull. I also noticed that my frenulum was very tight and was being pulled by the foreskin. After being with my girlfriend one day I noticed a tiny rip on my frenulum, so I believe I have frenulum breve. When soft, and I retract my foreskin fully (ie. not just past the head, but fully stretching the skin out), it pulls the head of my penis so that it is almost at a 90 degree angle... Is Frenulum Breve my problem? Does anyone else know what I mean? Do I need an operation? Please help... )
>P.S. I'm 18, if that makes any difference.
Ken-
Certainly sounds like Frenulum breve to me- you describe very much the
situation I had and had corrected at age 24 with a frenulum trim which was
very simple- just hang in there for another opinion - it will not hurt to
wait six months
dean

Answers:

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo