Re: Adult onset phimosis ? No it doesn`t have to be circumcision

Written by RS at 16 Apr 2000 19:21:38:

As an answer to: Adult onset phimosis ? Does it have to be circumcision ? written by Peter at 15 Apr 2000 17:14:23:

hello Peter

I`ve heard of rips leading to phimosis before, betamethasone or kenalog might help streching this sort of phimotic ring, or it might not, we here on this forum would be very interested if it works on such secondary phimoses ... its completely safe available in the USA and worth a try, see Nicks letters for more info. ----- if it doesn`t work and if you need a more permanent cure, a minimal dorsal slit is my present advice for the typical phimotic ring, easy for any medic to do without mistakes in a half an hour, easier than wart removal ... (I doubt you`ll find anyone doing a partial circ. in the USA).

Why some rings form by ripping is not clear to me, ... but this would seem to be a "fibrotic" process rather than "lichenoid" ... so why are you being treated with a fungicide - do you have an infection such as LSA BXO balanitis etc. ?

theres another point which I could mention in that secondary phimosis sometimes is an early indication for diabetes .. (dont worry: dry mouth and permanent need for water are the main symptoms) ...

Cheers
Robin
www.male-initiation.net

>Name: Peter
>Email:
>Text: I have developed problems retracting my foreskin over the last few years. This first appeared when I was about 25, I am now 30. Browsing web-sites it would appear I have developed a phimotic ring. The foreskin is very tight across a circular cross-section of my penis below the glans on erections, and has made sex very painful. During sex I used to develop cuts often along this section of my foreskin but this doesn't seem to happen anymore.
>
>I grew up in the UK, but now live in the USA where circumcision is the norm for ALL men. I have discussed the problem with my doctor and a urologist, and they have both mentioned circumcision, which puts me right off visiting them again. There is a very strong pro-circumcision culture here. I was married 6 months ago, it has gotten far worse since then, and I feel terrible for my (American) wife.
>
>What are my options ? Will any self-treatment help ? Should I return to the UK for treatment ? I am currently being treated with a fungicide, Nystatin, but it has done nothing.
>
>It was so comforting to find the information on the web, and read through the other postings on this forum. I had felt so alone with this problem.
>
>Peter
>------------------------------------------------------

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo