Re: Frenulum/Smegma

Written by John C at 30 Apr 2000 08:28:29:

As an answer to: Frenulum/Smegma written by John at 26 Apr 2000 10:33:08:

I concur with RJ. Sounds like you have an inflammation, probably caused by some some bacterial agent. The "smegma" you report is almost certainly a purulent reaction to the inflammation. Abnormal appearance of the frenulum may be due to some incidental erosion from the balanitis.

A visit to the doctor is definitely in order. In the meantime, cool bathing with pottasium permanganate solution may offer some relief.

>I am 32 years old, and am uncircumsized. I have never had a problem with my penis....ever....until now.
>I have concluded that part of my problem is called "smegma"....a lubricant that the foreskin produces. In 32 years, I have never produced this smegma, or at least it was such a miniscule amount that I have never noticed it. I have always been confused about the discussions of keeping an uncircumsised penis clean, because I have never had to worry about it....it has always been clean, which I thought was due to being sanitary and taking a shower every day. Well, in the last 2 weeks or so, I have had to clean myself 3 or 4 times a day.
>This is my first concern.....why is it surfacing now, and is there something I can do to get my old self back?
>My second concern is that my frenulum looks like it is half cut, and is a bit discomforting when retracting my foreskin, or pulling it back over my penis. It is even temporarily uncomfortable when urinating. It hasn't ever bled uncontrolably.....but it has produced a blood drop or 2 from me prodding at it.
>Is this tear caused from an infection from smegma?
>Just as a little "personal" information (maybe TOO personal, but what the hay!) about me......I have always masturbated since around the age of 13 and have been sexually active for more than 10 years......so I can rule out the theory of "first-time erection" and "awakening my sexualality" being the cause of my smegma and frenulum problem.
>Is there anyone who can shed some insight, or even theories for my condition?

Answers:

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo