Re: My frenulum ripped, what should I do??

Written by cne at 14 May 2000 04:41:15:

As an answer to: My frenulum ripped, what should I do?? written by Jorge at 16. November 1999 at 11:08:42:

>Hi, I'm 20 years old, and some days ago, I was with my girlfriend, It wasn't the first time. My frenulum ripped from the tissue that is attached to the urinal orifice. It bleeded too much, but don't hurt too much. It was three days ago, at this time it not hurts, but I don't know if this is normal or not.
>Any recommendation please?

>Thanks and excuse me for my bad english!

>PD: At this time I'm afrid to make love with her again (I mean in the near future)

Dear mate,

Since it happened months ago, there isn't much that you can do about it now. It happened to me as well. I was 18 at the time. I went to the A&E immediately after it happened since it bleeded a great deal. Blood was everywhere and it was horrible.

According to the urology consultant who treated me, it can be stitched back within the first few hours after it is ripped. But anything after that, blood vessels within the frenulum would die off and shut themselves down. Even if they stitch it back on by surgical methods, the tissues are dead and the surgical strings could not incorporate with the tissues and eventually break/flake off. He also said that I have to be careful because it may happen again.

I would say i was lucky and unluckly. Lucky in the sense that it has been stitched back on, and it looks pretty normal although you can see some marks of surgical strings if i look at it closely. Unlucky in the sense that it shouldn't happen for a normal sexual intercourse. And I was put under general anaesthetics during the operation, and stayed a night in the hospital, and the nurses came round and check every hour.

Luckily, it happened after my A-levels, and I have my own flat, and live on my own, so I don't have to explain to anyone about the overnight away.

I don't think there is anything to worry about if it healed okay.

Anyway, good luck in your sex life!!

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo