Re: frenulum tore tonight.....help me quick response...

Written by R J K at 15 May 2000 01:37:28:

As an answer to: Re: frenulum tore tonight.....help me quick response... written by W Lo at 14 May 2000 05:58:51:

Since you wrote on 6 May & it's now the 14th, you're probably well on the way to recovery. Unless you get an infection, I doubt that anything serious will happen. There must be thousands of guys who've gotten a torn frenulum in the course of exploratory sex, & most have got over it with no special effort. (Some zealous docs in the USA have used this as an excuse for circumcision--drastic & almost always unnecessary!) If yours is still unhealed, it might help to wash the raw area with warm water & mild soap every day (then carefully rinse away all the soap residue) until it's healed. After that, if the healed tear doesn't get in the way of sexual activity, then you're home free--if it does cause discomfort, that is the time to go see a doctor. LOL, Bob.
>>Yeah tonight my girl friend and I were fooling around no sex just some dry >humping, I guess it got a bit rough, and i tore my frenulum....my underwear >was full of blood and believe that she didnt notice...
>>so can someone please tell me if ill be ok by leaving this alone, and not >going to a doctor...will this heal back to semi-nmal...???? it looks as if it >ripped all the way.
>This happened to me as well.
>Sorry, it is too late now. It can only be stitched back within the first few hours after it happened. Anything after that, blood vessels would die off and shut down the blood supply. That's why you are still living, and not bleed to death.
>You don't have to see a doctor now since he/she would not be able to do anything to you anyway, unless there is apparent infection around the wound, or your sex life is hindered, ie sore or pain when excited/erected.
>One point I want to make. I know it is embarrassing to tell anyone including doctors about what happened to you, but they honestly don't care. They got so many patients a day that they don't have to time to give you funny look or ask you embarrassing questions. They just get on with it. Just like when you buy condoms in the supermarkets, the checkout lady would just put it through the till.
>I went to the hospital on my own by taxi. Arrived the hospital, and told the receptionist what happened, and she told me to take a seat, and you will be seen shortly.
>When I was being seen, by 3 doctors in fact, the A&E doctor, then the urologist, and then the surgeon, and they dealt with it in a very professional way.
>
>>Can i just leave it, will it heal back together? and there is a small piece of >skin sticking out (because of the rip the part right below my hole on the tip)>will this skin die off, or will it rejoin with the bottom part? PLEASE tell
>>me? I need to know asap! THANKS
>Now, you just have to leave it, there is nothing can be done now, it won't heal back, it won't fall off, it won't rejoin. Sorry. You must have seeked medical attention immediately after it happened if you wanted it stitched back

Answers:

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo