Re: Pinhole phimosis and partial circumcision

Written by R J Knight at 20 May 2000 04:22:14:

As an answer to: Re: Pinhole phimosis and partial circumcision written by Bernt at 19 May 2000 22:54:00:

Well, it's your foreskin and your penis and your life, and you certainly need to be in control, to guard your own best interests. I would certainly think, however, that it's past time to take remedial action against the pinhole phimosis, for reasons mentioned in my last letter. Obviously sitting here at my computer I can't talk knnowledgeably for or against circumcision for you, but it would seem that a small dorsal slit at the site of the pinhole probably would be adequqate to relieve the constriction caused by the tiny opening. You can read up on it (dorasal slit) on this forum, & certainly you can get varying opinions about it. I personally don't think a full circumcision would be a bad way to go on this, but inasmuch as it's your life, etc., you're the one to decide how to go. If you can find a competent urologist who's sympathetic to your feelings on this, you can put a quick end to the problem. And certainly the problem ought to be ended, in your best interests. Cheers, RJK.
>Im sorry to tell you that today I had to cancel my surgery.
>And the reason for it is that when I met the surgeon for the first time today he wanted to make a full circumcision and I never agreed to that.
>I wanted a partial, removing some of the foreskin but he didnt want to do that.
>So after all this new information I have read on this website I decided to try another urologist for another treatment.
>I am not ready to remove all my foreskin, even if some urologists think thats the best solution..
>I will meet another urologist in 2 weeks. I have waited so many years so I can wait a few more weeks I guess..
>>Bernt, when this is all over and you're fully recovered, how about coming back on line and giving a report about how things went? It might be helpful to others with problems simmilar to yours, or it might just be of general interest to people who want to know how other guys cope with what life has handed to them. Cheers, Bob.
>>>Tomorrow I will have my surgery and Im scared.
>>>I havent talked to the surgeon yet, and hopefully they know what theire doing cause I have pinhole phimosis and I feel that it complicates the surgery.
>>>I have asked for partial circumcision but the urologist suggested full circumcision.My glans have never been exposed.
>>>Im an adult and should have done it years ago but its never too late I guess...
>>>I have been reading this website and I feel I know a lot more so I will not accept any wild ideas from the surgeon..

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo