Re: lichen sclerosus support group

Written by cdp at 05 Jul 2000 23:41:00:

As an answer to: Re: lichen sclerosus support group written by Wrae Marcus at 04 Jul 2000 18:12:54:

Hi Wrae

I can 100% confirm that BXO is NOT a STD! Although it hurts me to say it, I have not had intercourse or any sexual activity with my genitals (except for masturbation) in 17 years and I have just recently undergone surgery (in last 6 weeks) for such a diagnosis (see my posting dated 6/19/2000).

>>I run the only support group in the UK (and possibly in the world) for lichen sclerosus (BXO in men, although the medical profession are now calling BXO in men lichen sclerosus now). My information on LS is predominantly female and I feel that I should have information available which would help men with this condition. Is there anyone who could contribute towards this information - from the point of view of being a sufferer what would be helpful to you to know about?
> My name is Wrae and about 15 years ago I had symptoms of BXO although I was never diagnosed, I found complete remission by soaking my penis in standard strength Hydrogen Peroxide for 5-15 minutes two or three times per day for several weeks. The condition has not re-occurred. I am not a doctor but do have an opinion about BXO...I think it to be a STD cosnsisting of some sort of microbe of a viral, bacterial, fungal or similar origin and pathology and the Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) has a strong Oxidation Effect. I have also found H2O2 to be a quick healer of most any external infection.
>Thanks for your concern!
>Wrae

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo