Re: Stitches aren't dissolving

Written by Bernt at 11 Jul 2000 02:35:22:

As an answer to: Re: Stitches aren't dissolving written by R J Knight Jr at 05 Jul 2000 20:50:55:

This is excactly the same problem I have. Its 3 weeks since the surgery and still 3 stitches remaining. But I used scissors and after a while I could remove the stitches except for 3. I think its important to remove them or else the skin will look damaged.

>>I was circ. about 15 days ago and so far most of my stitches are still intact. Only a few have fell out. It is becoming painful. I'm worried the skin will grow over them. Can anyone give me some advice on how to make them dissolve faster or if anyone has had the same problem.
>>Thanks
>I my experience, non-absorbing stitches either are removed 4 days after the surgery, or are of the "self-dissolving" sort which tend to break up some 10 days or 2 weeks after the surgery. If your stitches are not dissolving & are becoming covered up by scar tissue, I think you should contact the surgeon who did the work for further, remedial action. You might also take some fingernail-scissors and tweezers yourself and use them to cut the stitches and carefully pull them out of the healed wound, taking care not to injure any
>associaated tissue. If the stitches are coming apart on their own for the most part, you might soak your penis in warm water for a few minutes and then gently pull them out, using scissors & tweezers as already described. This ought to be a relatively minor problem, easily solved. Good luck! RJK.

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo