Re: Questions about the frenulum

Written by Pete at 13 Jul 2000 20:00:50:

As an answer to: Re: Questions about the frenulum written by dean at 13 Jul 2000 18:01:54:

Ok, well, I'll visit a doctor next week, as said. But the thing is that I need this done very soon. How well known is this so called 'frenulum trim' ? Is it a standard procedure? Do you think there's any possibility for me to get it done on the day I visit the hospital or is there generally a need for making an appointment?

I've been reading some on the net the last couple of days and have heard about several who ripped it during sexual intercourse. I find the frenulum disturbing and would gladly remove it entirely. It's seams, from what I've read, (I have not spoken to a doctor) as if the loss of the frenulum doesn't cause any significant damage. It seams as if it's serving no real purpose. Anyway, thanks again.
Pete

>>Thanks!
>>It doesn't seem that hard to "clip" it though. I will most likely see a doctor next week but if I can't get it done professionally, I think I will personally try again since I must get this done in the very near future. What scares me though is that I'll "clip" away something important. Does the frenulum serve any purpose other than holding on to the foreskin? Does it contain any vital blood veins? If I decide to do it myself, can I clip the entire frenulum off or does it have to be attached somewhere? I find it rather disturbing and would preferably loose the entire thing. Is that possible?
>>Thanks a lot!
>>It's a huge comfort & help
>>Pete
>>Pete-
>There is quite a bundle of nerves in the frenulum- some contend these are very important. I would urge you to not try to sever the frenulum yourself. The doctor will likely carefully trim away from the underside of the glans or head and the frenulum trimmed away will retreat into the inner foreskin leaving the nerves intact- if you cut the frenulum - or it is torn during sexual activity- it might also sever some important nerves and you could find a bloody mess!
>write me if you want to discuss directly more
>dean
>jusfish4 at aol.com
>>>I had this done- I too had tried unsuccessfully to "clip" mine but just with
>>>my fingernails rather than a razor blade.
>>>I am glad I was unsuccessful since I had it done by a urologist. He trimmed
>>>it completely away from the head and it healed with no scar. My foreskin now
>>>moves back all the way as it should.
>>>Don't try to do it yourself- get to a professional and it will be simple and
>>>practically painless and will heal quickly
>>>If you are in the US, I can almost assure you, your doctor will tell you that you need to be circumcised- just hold firm and say "NO"- all you need is the frenulum trimmed!
>>>Write if need more info
>>>dean
>>>dean

Answers:

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo