Re: Frenulum and sexuality changes

Written by R J Knight at 17 Jul 2000 18:45:13:

As an answer to: Frenulum and sexuality changes written by PS at 16 Jul 2000 14:47:37:

>I had a normal (not too short/breve) intact frenulum; I injured it by mistake because of a "tear with the fingernails" a delirious night. I made sex before and I felt a very sensitive enjoyment in the area on the top or/and the underside of the glans. After the frenectomy it seems to me I never felt this enjoyment anymore: I would like to know if it is only a psychological feeling or this very sensitive area is on the ventral glans and the frenulum is like the inner layer tissue and anything else more.
>The CIRP (circumcision information resources pages) explain the normal frenulum is important for the male orgasm because of the many nerves endings important triggers of the orgasm / contains blood vessels to erogate the glans / the stretch receptors contribute to the enjoyment and maybe to the ejaculation system/reflex.
>My question to You is:
>What do you thing about?
>Do you know any experiences about this subject (private testimonials)?
>Where can a find a proven answer?
>I thank Robin Stuart or some experts to reply.
I don't know where you can find any proven answers, and human anatomy is so varied that we may not all react the same way, but speaking from personal experience I would say that it is not simply psychological. A normal frenulum does have considerable sensitivity and is involved in one's reaching organism. As a personal note, when I was circumcised much more external foreskin was removed than internal (mucosa). I think this preserved a good bit of the nerves that are important to sexual functioning. I know the frenum was not cut at all, since it is well back of the line where the circumcision was made. I know, too, that by gently rubbing the frenulum and nearby regions with the index finger I can stimulate considerable feeling which will lead to sexual arousal. This same area is more sensitive than the rest of the penis and is definitely involved in reaching orgasm. Somewhere I read once that circumcision is followed by increased sensitivity of the frenulum. I doubt this, but believe that the frenulum, remaining after other tissue has been cut away, may seem to be more sensitive than it was before. I don't believe the guys who report having had the frenulum removed when they were circumcised did themselves a good service, because I can't imagine how they can achieve a normal orgasm unless there are a few frenular nerves left which can act to promote orgasm. Certainly in the traditional Jewish circumcision and in clamp and plastibell circumcisions the frenulum is not removed or damaged, and this is no doubt one reason most circumcised men can reach orgasm without any obvious problem when they have sex. In your own case, I don't know why your torn frenulum upon healing did not return to normal sensitivity since, from what you say, no frenulum was removed. I would say your damaged sensitivity is the exception rather than the norm, but this is based largely on guesswork; I don't know what one should expect here. If you can manage to find a neurologist who will examine the torn area, you may be able to get help in restoring normal sensitivity. Good luck! RJK.

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo