Re: Long Foreskin

Written by R J Knight at 25 Jul 2000 17:39:43:

As an answer to: Long Foreskin written by David at 25 Jul 2000 16:07:00:

Looks as if you're one of the guys who would be helped by circumcision, not necessarily a radical one: your foreskin is getting in the way of having sex and making it difficult for you to feel what your penis is doing. If the opening of your foreskin is tight enough to keep it back behind the glans when you retract it, then you might do well just to keep it retracted all the time. That way about half of the glans would stay permanently exposed and you could get it all exposed inside the vagina during sex. (One TV star of the past who posed nude for a centerfold kept his penis this way.) If the opening is so loose that your foreskin won't stay back at all when retracted, there doesn't seem to be much you can do short of circumcision. There are a number of kinds of circumcision which your doctor can use if willing to do so: cut high, leaving everything exposed, cut low, leaving considerable foreskin at the base of the glans but leaving the glans itself exposed, and one that might be good for you to use, cutting away mostly external foreskin and keeping most of the internal foreskin (mucosa), stitching it to the shaft so it replaces the external foreskin when it heals. That way many nerves in the interior foreskin are kept unharmed and you probably would have much more satisfying sex than you can have at present. Another thing you might try without resorting to circumcision is to push the foreskin back as far as it will go, then fold the foreskin inward on itself and roll up as much of it as possible behind the glans, to leave some of the glans exposed. However, as long as your foreskin is, I doubt that this approach would help much. In Europe when they wanted to preserve the appearance of an uncircumcised penis, they have sometimes resorted to removing some of the long, redundant foreskin, then stitching what is left together so that it appears uncircumcised but is short enough to manage without problems during sex. I think it's important for you to find a urologist, if you can, who's had some experience with foreskin problems and is willing to work this one out with you. Best wishes, RJK.
>I am a young guy with a very long foreskin, I have a inch and a half overhang when soft and half a inch overhang when hard. Though my foreskin slides back very easy, I find when having sex after a few thrusts it slips forward over the glans and I don't get much stimulation and it is very hard to cum. I also find wearing a condom impossible as it slides forward with the foreskin and quiet often breaks. Do any other guys have this problem and is there any way of shorting my foreskin. I don't want to get circumcised.

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo