Re: Bared Glans

Written by R J Knight at 02 Aug 2000 20:17:45:

As an answer to: Re: Bared Glans written by paul at 29 Jul 2000 02:19:31:

It isn't necessary to "correct" your bared glans since this condition occurs naturally in thousands of men, particularly after they start to have normal adult sexual activity. If you really want to change it, you might try pulling the foreskin forward so it covers the glans as much as possible, then fastening it in that position with adhesive tape and keeping it that way for a couple of weeks, by which time it should be "accustomed" to staying forward. If it doesn't stay forward after that, there probably isn't much you can do unless you go to a plastic surgeon for painful and expensive "remedial" work (which many people would consider totally unnecessary). It seems strange that you find the bared glans uncomfortable; I never ran into anybody who reported experiencing discomfort from having a naturally bare glans. (Or a glans bare from circumcision either; the glans usually loses any hypersensitivity with prolonged exposure and in time comes to feel perfectly natural. Maybe yours will reach that condition one of these days?
>I also have a naturally bard glans. I for one wish that I did not. It is really uncomfortable to wear boxers, but at the same time, I do not like tight underwear. I wonder if this is as a result of medical advice I got as a kid. My foreskin was attached to the ridge around the glans and when I urinated, I'd spray who knows where. The doc said every night I ought to pull the foresjin back--it did result in the foreskin slowly tearing away from the ridge on the glans, and I could aim. But the foreskin is loose and does not cover the glans now. I wonder if the muscle in the frenar band (the "ridge" of skin aroung the tip of the foreskin when "closed") was not overstretched? Is there any way to correct this? I want to be covered.

Answers:

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo