Re: my penis hurts! Im very worried

Written by R J Knight at 07 Aug 2000 17:30:06:

As an answer to: my penis hurts! Im very worried written by daniel T at 07 Aug 2000 00:02:25:

>the head of my penis hurts and is usuall redish,and hurts when i pull foreskin down, and feels very sore, whats wrong with it? what should i do?
You may have balanitis, which is the technical term for an inflamed glans, usually the result of an infection. First off, if you can expose the entire glans and wash it with very mild soap, then rinse it thoroughly, that should help control the bacteria that cause infection. If you can then keep the foreskin back behind the glans so this stays exposed, it would be a good idea to keep it exposed for 2 or 3 days, by which time the infection and pain should be cleared up. If the foreskin won't stay back behind the glans when you put it there, you can fasten it in place with adhesive tape and keep the glans bare until the infection is gone. That should take care of the inflammation and pain, but if it doesn't, it's definitely time for you to see a doctor about it! Best wishes, RJK.

Answers:

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo