Re: pulling it back

Written by R J Knight at 21 Aug 2000 18:14:27:

As an answer to: Re: pulling it back written by R J Knight at 20 Aug 2000 21:00:56:

Hey Nic, something that didn't occur to me when I first wrote you (but it should have) is that sometimes pubic hairs get caught under rolled-up foreskin behind the glans, and they can indeed make things itchy and uncomfortable. If this is what's causing your discomfort, it's very easily solved. Just get some small fingernail scissors or a similar implement, look for hairs that are prone to get entangled under the skin, and carefully trim them off. You might also look at the affected area when it's itching & see if there is any hair trapped under the rolled-up skin. If so, you may be able to solve everything just by pulling the trapped hair out & then checking regularly to make sure it doesn't get caught under there again. It may be lots easier to solve your problem than I first thought. Good luck! Cheers, Bob.
>Nic, I don't know what's making the rolled-up skin itchy, but there's a question of how long you're keeping it rolled up: is it just an hour or two, or two or three days or more? If just an hour or two, my guess is that this is a response of the inner foreskin to being exposed to the open air before it has had a chance to become insensitive to the exposure. If it continues to itch after prolonged exposure, it may be sensitive to being rubbed against your pants or underwear (particularly if there's any wool in the garment. When it itches you might soak it in cold water (or tea; don't laugh!) for a few minutes (20 minutes to a half hour), then dry it gently and see if that makes it more comfortable. Something else you might try is to put a lot of baby powder (or some other hypo-allergenic powder) on the head and itchy skin and leave it exposed, with the skin back, for several days. Another thing you could do is to rub some cortisone ointment (Cort-Aid or equivalent)into the affected area. It will be interesting to see what response you have to this treatment, or combination of treatments. I've know a good many men who kept their foreskins retracted, but none of them complained of a problem with itching. Good luck! Bob.
>>I like to keep my skin retracted as much as possible, and it is learning to stay that way. But where the skin is rolled up behind the glans it gets very itchy - not red or sore, but just mildly uncomfortable. Any answers?
>>Nic

Answers:

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo