Re: topical steroid treatment

Written by DD at 20 Sep 2000 15:23:52:

As an answer to: topical steroid treatment written by Frank at 19 Sep 2000 17:28:50:

>Does anybody have experience with a topical steroid treatment of phimosis? I have a mild case of phimosis and have just been prescribed a 0.5% betamethasone cream. Now I am a little confused as to how to apply the cream. Most resources on the internet say you have to apply it "externally" -- it sounds as though they mean on the "very outside" of the prepuce. When I mentioned this to my doctor he chuckled and said that I would have to unroll it completely before applying the cream, otherwise it is totally uneffective. However, this seems a little odd to me. The part of my foreskin that is the most tight (sort of a narrow ring) is always on the outside, even if I pull the foreskin all the way down. Pulling it down does not expose it any more or less. Does anybody have some advice for me?
>Also, to those who have undergone a topical steroid treatment -- did you find it worked? How long did you use it? Where the effects lasting?
>I really appreciate any bit of information that could help me become unconfused! Thanks guys!

Person a bit further down recommended the cream to me, and gave me these instructions for applying it...

"Apply it once per day to the **outside** of your foreskin from the opening tip to about mid glans (mid head). You should be retractable while soft in a few weeks but to get retractable while erect should take about 7-8 weeks"

Hope that helps ;-)

Answers:

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo