Re: Dear God, I am in the exact same position!!

Written by BJ at 30 Sep 2000 20:07:13:

As an answer to: Dear God, I am in the exact same position!! written by RC at 30 Jul 2000 15:18:32:

>I am also a 19 year old male, and have the exact same problem. It is EXTREMELY painful for me to even try and pull back the foreskin. I suspect it's phymosis, but the doctor I went to gave me a cream (probably similar to yours) to try. And, like you, it didn't really help. He only gave me one other option, and that would be circumcision, but we both know that'll dull some of the nerves. However, that may be the only choice. I mean, at least sex is ENJOYABLE, rather than painful, right?

Right. I had partial phimosis until I was 25. After a couple of attempts at sex when I was 15 and 16 which failed as I couldn't keep it up, I think a lot of my sexuality faded away. It took a special woman to turn me around, and after seeing my GP I had a frenuloplasty, which didn't have the right effect, then had a circumcision. I don't think routine circumcision is a good idea, but in cases like this it's not the end of the world. I'm a different man now, so try the other options first if you want to (creams, stretching etc.) but if a circumcision is what you need it's a hell of a lot better than no sex or painful sex.

BJ

Answers:

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo