Re: to cut or not to cut, that is once again the question.

Written by dean at 06 Oct 2000 16:15:45:

As an answer to: to cut or not to cut, that is once again the question. written by a really confused uncut guy. at 06 Oct 2000 11:30:43:

>help! i thought i knew what i wanted to do about my phimosis and had decided not to get a circumcision. but now i have done more research in the pro-circumcision side of things and i don't know! i am really lost now, and i thought i knew. i am now tempted to get a circ. but but arrrrrrrrrrrggggh HELP! where could i find UNbiased info on this i.e. somewhere that is not pro one or the other? please could someone help me out i am going mental!!!!!!!!!!

>>As someone pointed out- this is highly personal and men have differing views. In my case (like Nick) I was told "circumcision is the only answer" but I was able to have a mere frenulum trim which loosened my foreskin and with somestretching- it has been great- I for one would not trade my foreskin and I think with a little age- it becomes even more important especially for masturbation and for ease of entry in sex.
You may want to surf the net for some of the "Restore" sites and visit with some who did not have a foreskin but have tried to regain a semblence of one. I have talked with a number of men who regret having lost theirs either at birth or later due to pressure either from doctors or the military. Some think it is great not to have one and others deeply regret losing it so bottom line is you will have to make an informed decision- my advice is to try to solve the problem by keeping it as you can always have it removed later but regaining once lost is not an easy or successful task.

Answers:

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo