Re: teach me to make my glans less sensitive, PLZ

Written by R J Knight at 02 Nov 2000 20:08:57:

As an answer to: teach me to make my glans less sensitive, PLZ written by melchior at 02 Nov 2000 05:02:47:

>i am in late teen age, w/o my glans exposed, the penis just didn't feel right inside, but everytime i exposed the glans outside, it became very sensitive inside my underwear, and it's too sensitive that i can't even sit or sleep cos it really hurts when i moved my legs, what r good ways to make it less sensitive when i am trying to sleep? is the baby powder method efficient?? R there any more ways to decrease sensitivity faster? PLZ HELP
You might try keeping it exposed ("skinned back") at all times and, before you go to bed, soaking it for 10 or 15 minutes in very cold water (to help de-sensitize it--you could even use cold tea!), then gently drying it and heavily covering it with baby powder or something similar. Baby powder is fairly efficient in insulating the bare penis head from surrounding clothing, etc.,and helping to dry it out. Just put it on thick, and often (after it wears thin). It seems to be a matter of letting air get to the naked glans long enough to dry it and slightly thicken the mucous membrane that covers the glans and so make it less sensitive to the touch. This may happen slowly, but if you can keep at it, forcing yourself to ignore the pain that contact with the glans gives you, the pain should become less until it's just a "funny feeling" and then gradually turns into a natural, normal feeling. The secret of solving this problem probably involves a certain conscious effort on your part to ignore the distress signals your naked glans is sending to your brain until these signals slacken off. It's fairly normal for a newly circumcised guy to feel naked and distressed for a few days after the operation heals, but in a short time it begins to feel perfectly normal, so that he forgets any discomfort which he had felt. (I know this from personal experience.) The first step for you would be to make up your mind that you will master the problem, not vice-versa, and before long you should be able to leave it bare at all times and have it feel perfectly ok. (At least if my experience is typical, that should do it.) How about keeping us informed of any progress, since there may be others in your situation. Good luck! RJK.

Answers:

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo