Need help with steroid application!

Written by Victor at 11 Nov 2000 20:12:37:

Hello, everybody,
Not so long ago I was diagnosed with phimosis. My urologist told me that the only cure is circumcision. However, I decided that I would try everything else possible before going ahead with a circumcision. I heard about the treatment with steroids from the Internet, so I got my urologist to give me a prescription for betamethasone valerate cream. Obviously, I didn't get any directions how to apply it. I tried to get some advice from dermatologists but they don't want to deal with that and just keep sending me back to urologists! It's really frustrating. By the way, does anybody know a good doctor in Los Angeles area who could help with this?
Anyway, I've been applying this 0.1% cream for about 3 weeks now, twice a day - after taking a shower in the morning and before going to bed. I put it mostly on the outside, starting from the tip over about 2 cm long area. So far, I see no apparent result. From some other messages in this group, I figured that people use 0.5% cream. Does that mean that it will take me 5 times longer to see any result? Or is there something wrong with my application technique?
I would really appreciate any response!

Thanks,
Victor

Answers:

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo