Well, sorry, I didn't know it was so touchy

Written by BobbyR at 21 Nov 2000 00:32:18:

As an answer to: Re: One testicle: I am tempted to call you a wimp written by Robert at 19 Nov 2000 00:07:34:

>>>Hi. I have one testicle and I want the names of support groups...

>>If there is really such a thing as a support group for THIS, I can only shake my head and wonder what kind of wimps men are becoming...

>You really are something else aren't you? - do you have no understanding of anyone else's feelings, or are you really such a self-centred, unfeeling b*****d?

Well, sorry. I didn't realize it was so touchy. I have known only two guys in my whole life who had just one. One was a Lithuanian Jew who lost one of his gonads during routine circumcision, and he laughed about it. Actually, he boasted about it. The other had one removed because it became cancerous, and got the implant to replace it. All the rest of us made jokes about it at the card table, and it didn't bother him. Knowing that one works as well as two, I doubt it would bother me, and I find it almost unfathomable that there are enough men uncomfortable with such a thing to form a support group. What, do all three of them fly in to one spot on the globe for the meetings?

Answers:

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo