Re: Frenuum torn - sort of

Written by R J Knight at 14 Dec 2000 23:39:38:

As an answer to: Frenuum torn - sort of written by Nick at 12 Dec 2000 00:32:02:

Nick, because you say it seems to be healing already, chances are you don't have much to worry about. The large gap that tore apart probably won't close completely, and probably shouldn't, since it would just lay you open to tearing again. As to how long the tear will take to heal, that depends in part on how much stress you subject it to, i.e. how often you have sex and how much you handle it. (Also whether it stays free of infection, as it apparently is as you write.) Healing probably would be hastened if you could manage to keep the foreskin fully retracted (so air can get to the tear) for a week or 10 days, until there is obviously no raw tissue left. (If it won't stay retracted, you can use adhesive tape to keep it "skinned back.") IF the torn tissue goes on healing ok, and IF after it heals you and friend can have sex without anything unpleasant happening, then you probably won't need to see a doctor. If you are concerned however, or if the healing doesn't come along without any problem, a visit to the doctor would definitely be in order. A lot depends on what happens and how you feel about it. Tears in the frenulum often heal without incident. (A urologist once told me the penis has enormous powers of recovery, and I expect that's a good thing!) Good luck. RJK.
>can someone advise me as to what I should do? My girlfriend and I were having sex two nights ago, when my frenulum tore. Or at least part of it did.
>Having read many website I understand the frenulum to be the string of skin from the foreskin to the glans. Well mine is still there, connected, but on top of my frenulum there is something I can only describe as a pipe (presumably a vein), and it is this that has ripped. There is now quite a large gap, but the rest of the v-shaped string is intact. Should I be worried? It seems to be healing already, but the gap remains. Will the gap close? If it does will it rip again? How long will it take to heal? Should I see a doctor?
>Any information you could give me would be helpful.
>Thanks.

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo