Re: frenulum breve and the ridged band

Written by Robin at 17 Dec 2000 15:27:21:

As an answer to: frenulum breve and the ridged band written by John C at 29 Apr 2000 12:41:48:

I laughed about this one, great - the frenulum breve is becoming so well known in its own right that now someone is worried about over-diagnosis

The writer obviously impressed by the latest anti-circ. study on 22 corpses (Clemmensen descibed phimosis adequately in 1988) - Taylor discovered that even fibrotic phimoses on dead bodies have lots of nerve endings in them - it really is an amazing study, meant to show the value of the "normal" foreskin with demonstrative pictures of some incredibly horrible phimotic examples - I dont care if its ultra-sensitive and full of valuable nerve ends, - if its that tight -it hurts ... unless you`re dead ...

OK so in some cases the ring tigtens and causes secondary frenulum breve (see forum letter 182) and also logically a releasing of the ring will cure this ----- however the frenulum often/always grows out into the phimotic-ring (the ridged band) and this indicates frenulum and phimotic ring could be similar skin structures - and so the frenulum may also respond to betamethasone ---- and this really is worth someone experimenting with

Robin
www.male-initiation.netWritten by John C at 29 Apr 2000 12:41:48:

After a lot of reading around this topic it occurs to me that in many cases "frenulum breve" may be something of a misnomer. It is not so much that the frenulum is too short, but that the ridged band - to which it is attached - is too tight. This structure seems to have only been described in 1996. See: Taylor, J.P., A.P. Lockwood and A.J.Taylor, The prepuce: Specialized mucosa of the penis and its loss to circumcision, Journal of Urology (1996), 77, 291-295 in the CIRP library.

This is clearly different to secondary phimosis, which involves a tightening/fibrosis of the preputial sphincter. One of the implications is that many cases of "frenulum breve" may respond to stretching/steroid cream therapy being advised for primary phimosis if it is understood that it is the ridged band that needs stretching. Anyway, worth a thought perhaps.

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo