Phymosis or not, treatment?

Written by Gerard van at 20 Dec 2000 08:00:25:

Hello,

I'm wondering about wether I have got phimisos or another problem.
About a year ago my foreskin became a lot tighter, before it was no problem to get it back over the head when erect. But at that time it became more and more difficult to do that. A couple of months before I spotted a lightish spot on the gland, about 2-3mm wide. The docter had a look and we had some tests done (a smear taken and sent to the hospital-lab), nothing to be found. The spot went more or less away, but as mentioned my foreskin became tighter. It became impossible to retract it when erect.

At the moment it feels like the very 'front'-edge of the skin has gone hard and unstrechable, it looks quite white. The rest seems to be unaffected. I can retract the skin when cleaning, but only with some difficulty (not a lot of pain), the unstreched opening is about 10mm in diameter. I can 'pull' the gland from underneath while stretching the skin back to clean. Pulling it back is not too difficult.

My question: what could this be, phimosis or a skin infection, or other and secondly of course what to do about it?

Thanks for any reply's
Gerard

Answers:

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo