Re: Frenulum -

Written by R J Knight at 20 Dec 2000 20:39:42:

As an answer to: Re: Frenulum - written by Josh at 20 Dec 2000 03:43:43:

>I was circumcised recently, and didnt think to ask about what happend with the frenulum? I just assumed the surgeon would do with it what was right. I have a quite a long frenulum - well, I didnt think it was any longer than most. Anyway, after the op, the surgeon told me it had caused a couple of hassles. In stead of removing it completely which would have solved the problem, he left it and it looks strange as it sticks out a mile, where the foreskin covered it once before.
>I am thinking aboutgetting the frenulum totally removed? Does anyone know if this will involve going back into hopsital, or can it be done in a quick session?

Josh, if your dissatisfaction with your now-exposed frenulum is largely based on its appearance, you might think twice about acting right now to get it removed. The frenulum (and/or the area around it) is the focus of a great deal of sensitivity, & you might find that its removal reduces the pleasure of sexual activity to some extent. (However, others have had theirs totally removed and have no problem with the result, so this notion may be somewhat subjective.) Inasmuch as your circumcision was done recently, the exposed frenulum may become less prominent in time so you are not embarrassed to "live with it." On the other hand it may not become less prominent, and you may opt to get rid of it. Whether this is done as an office or hospital procedure is probably pretty much up to your doctor, but I expect most would want to do it in hospital. I'd suggest you wait a while -- up to six months, perhaps -- to see how things work out, & if you're still unhappy with them as they are, go for a revision. Good luck! RJK.

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo