Re: Circumcision

Written by R J Knight at 30 Dec 2000 19:21:27:

As an answer to: Re: Circumcision written by Carlos at 30 Dec 2000 16:42:32:

>>Following my frenuloplasty that has proved relatively unsucessful my doctor has recommended circumcision. What should I do? Although my forskin is no-longer as tight I am unsure whether the results are good enough. So if I have the circumcision how will it affect me? I am worried it will affect my sex life as I cant imagine sex being comfortable or pleeasurable without a forskin. Can anyone help me decide?

Don't know what the doc's problem is with your foreskin; maybe he just likes the look of a circ'd penis better. That's not a good enough excuse! Personally, I've had no problem with circumcised sex for quite a long while, but that's very much a question for the owner of the foreskin to decide. In other words, I'm not urging you to do something for which you're reluctant. Dorsal slit (which needn't be very long, just long enough to free the tight foreskin) usually accomplishes the same end as circumcision without removal of any tissue at all. Doctors sometimes don't like to do it, saying it's "impractical" (whatever that is!) or it doesn't look as neat as a circumcision, which it probably doesn't (if looks are important to you or the girlfriend), but I've known a good many guys to live quite content with their xdorsal slits, whose neatness (or lack of it) doesn't seem to bother them. To sum up, if you don't want circumcision, there are alternatives that can be tried first before making the drastic cut. Good luck! RJK.

>You haven't said what the problem was before and what results you've obtained by your frenolum removal. What was it you were trying to achieve and why does your doctor think it wasn't successful and that you need to be cut.
>I'm like you, I can't imagine sex without my foreskin even if I am kinda tight. Like John told you, you can always get cut.

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo