confused 19 y.o. on betamethasone...

Written by dt at 02 Jan 2001 01:45:51:

hi,

after a lot of disagreeing with a urologist, i got myself a 25g bottle of betamethasone .05% cream for my tight foreskin (so tight you
cannot see the entire urethral opening). nevertheless, there are a few questions i still have. i would appreciate feedback from anybody - successful or otherwise. thanks in advance.

1. how long before i start seeing SIGNIFICANT results? how long will the
treatment take (the urologist said to discontinue after a month)?

sometimes i see the foreskin has 'loosened' up a bit. then later on, i'll look at it again and the opening seems smaller and tighter than before. is that a problem? normal?

2. i have noticed my foreskin and glans (what i can see of it) is very dry. for example, when pulling back it sometimes feels like it's been on a hot leather seat for a few minutes. is there anything wrong? should i be concerned? any suggestions?

3. the urologist mentioned that betamethasone causes thinning of the skin and other severe side effects. anybody with any info on that?

4. i also noticed (by shifting the opening of the foreskin like it was a peephole!) that part of the foreskin goes "inside" the hole and attaches to the ridge on the underside of the glans (frenelum is it called??). is
that a problem/complication? will the betamethasone help with that?

5. i heard that olive oil helps the process...anybody try it?

i hope somebody can unconfuse me...thanks. anybody with any stories that will give me an idea of what i'm actually dealing with will be helpful.

thanks...

ps - please tell me you're age when you had phimosis...is there anybody else my
age (19) with it?

REPLY from private e.mail

you wrote to the forum after the closing signs were up - hope you wrote to forum2 as indicated
question4. you have skinbridge or frenulum - please write to forum2

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo