[ ARC Forums Main Index ]
[ ARC forum 2 ]

Questions - Consulting Circ.

Written by James at 29 Aug 2004 10:38:28:

Hello, I wrote a rather uneducating post on this forum about a month back: 12595.htm. Not a day has gone by since then that I haven't been eager to address the situation.

I have been in major denial. The psychological aspect of having this addressed far outweighs just going out and doing it. Tonight, on a TV show called 'The Sex Files', they did an entire 30 minute show on the topic of circumcision. It showed the procedure of infant circumcision, and the procedure of adult circumcision, and also explained many of the risk factors and other things involved. They also had a brief stint about foreskin restoration. This really helped me come to terms with my situation and I am now more eager than ever to have this addressed. It really put things in perspective.

This past week I have been basically 'laid off' with the flu. Being more or less employed within my own family, this has allowed me time flexibility. Some time this week, after coming to terms with my case of Iatrophobia, I plan on making an appointment with my M.D. to consult circumcision and explain why I believe it necessary.

Here are the facts:

* 18 years of age, skin is still very youthful.
* I suffer penhole phimosis.
* I don't feel comfortable at all having other people inspect my phimotic penis.
* I believe my M.D. is aware of this condition already. I somewhat ignored his request in the past to revisit about the problem, this was before I knew my foreskin was abnormal.
* A small amount of balanitis is present, this is making me feel even more retarded for having not consulted the doctor earliar.
* Stretching frequently with the use of betamethasone (0.05) has all but succeeded.
* At this time I seek circumcision, not prescription.
* As far as the frenulum is concerned, I frankly do not know the difference. Having had my glans covered for the duration of my life, I have yet to experience any pleasure from it anyway.

Here are my concerns:
* I am in Canada. Unaware of the procedural involvements in Canada for circumcision. Does somebody here know?
* Local anesthetic. I do not feel it necessary to be 'put out' for the simple five-minute removal of a 'quarter-sized' amount of skin.
* Tight or loose circumcision: what is the difference? what is preferred--what is believed to be the most satisfying longterm? What is the difference in recovery?
* What area does the 'foreskin' in context actually cover? Is it the entire shaft, or just below the glans? I know there are different regions of skin, I've just never identified what constitutes full (or tight) circumcision.
* Non-related injury -- what likelihood is there that I may end up with some moron surgeon that will injure anything other than the foreskin itself?
* Bleeding: is it a factor?
* Post-op. urinating: any issues?
* How long does it take for the 'raw-like' appearance to dissolve and reach some form of normality?
* Discomfort: does acetaminophen do the trick?
* What is the cost of circumcision?

If somebody could address these concerns it would be extremely helpful. Again I am very eager to have this addressed after I know the facts. Thank you.

Answers: