[ ARC Forums Main Index ]
[ ARC forum 2 ]

Tight foreskin - suggestion

Written by Paul B. at 25 Dec 2002 12:24:53:

As an answer to: 6421.htm "Tight foreskin - need suggestion on steroid cream" written by Krish at 25 Dec 2002 07:26:04:

> My bottom line question is - Can I use Mycolog instead of Betamathasone to facilitate stretching of tight foreskin?

It is not recommended.

> When erect, only with difficulty can I retract up to behind head but then it feels as if head is getting choked though it does not get stuck there and I can easily unretract.

In this case, the trick it do do this more often - in fact, much more often, until it is accustomed to being retracted. This will be facilitated by stretching with two (little) finger tips inside the tight foreskin - can you get them in there to do that? If so, you've got the manoeuvre practically mastered.

> Until just recently I never had intercourse in my life and contrary to my previous worries, I have not been experiencing any pain or problem during sex.

There are on this forum, a couple of "nay-sayers" who pontificate on how much of a problem a tight foreskin is for sex. The fact is, it might be, for some people, sometimes, but as remarked in a post (6412.htm) on a thread just below, it just isn't a problem by and large, and those who have that problem and don't see the straightforward approach to fixing it, essentially have a problem of a different sort.

> I decided to visit a Urologist for this problem

Bad move. Urologists are surgeons - they get far more money for surgery than for explaining things to you. It's just a fact of life in the USA.

> But to my dismay, he told that the only way to treat it is to undergo circumcision

Consider - he is after all practicing in America, isn't he?

> and also tried to educate me regarding its benefits like less chances of getting penile cancer,

Which if you believe it, does not apply at the age of 39, so he's giving you the flim-flam. If you believe the arguments about circumcision and penile cancer, they also assert that the benefit only applies to infant circumcision and to a lesser extent, circumcision in or before puberty. In your case it is "too late" to have that "benefit"!

> cleanliness etc.

Well, it you are not native American, perhaps you are not a filthy as they, and this doesn't apply to you anyway?

> When I asked him if stretching exercises would help, he replied NO

Well, he may be able to do circs, but on this account he is either completely incompetent, or completely fraudulent. Your pick.

> He also gave prescription for Mycolog cream to be applied on the head as he thought there might be some infection

I can only observe, that if he doesn't know the rest, he must be totally incompetent in this regard as well. Obviously doesn't have a clue, and you can disregard the suggestion of infection. Even worse is his choice of medication, or perhaps that his grand plan. Note in the reference I quoted, the warning that this medication runs a grave risk of causing a worse condition than it treats - the neomycin is a potential sensitising agent, particularly on areas such as the penis, so there is a quite real risk that you'd use it and then get a further rash that would of course, "need" an immediate circumcision.

Moving right along ...

> I have some hope on stretching method because, I observed that since I have started having sex, the foreskin has in fact has got loosened to some extent by itself.

Then that should give you the clue. Read the (6421.htm) instructions on stretching, previously posted on this forum, which includes references to the ointment, but the latter is not the essential part and you deserve a few weeks of straightforward stretching before you consider the steroid.

> I would like to know if there are any devises available for stretching the foreskin as a better alternative to using fingers.

Available, indeed, but you need to find them, and figure it out for yourself. I trust however that being given "permission" as it were, you can figure out the process. You want something that is inert (does not chemically react with skin - plastics and metals used for genuine jewellery would generally suit). smoothly moulded and a suitable size, and a means for holding it in place ("surgical" adhesive tape). Objects that may suit include the caps from pens (large felt tip pens especially), offcuts from PVC hose (edges can be flame-smoothed with care) and when you get to that step (which by your description you probably already have), the canister from a standard 35 mm or "APS" photographic film cartridge is a good fit!

If the device can be rendered tubular, you need not remove it to pee (but should to wash).

This may well be helpful, but equally, manual stretching will suffice on its own. Persistence is all you really need.

> Is there a list of doctors who are practicing non surgical treatment for tight foreskin so that I can find one in my area.

Hard to say, I understand NOCIRC has such a list, but I cannot locate it. You would have to e-mail them. The point however, is that your situation is so straightforward that you simply need to do the stretching and it will "come good", so there is little beyond what we suggest here, that a doctor could or would need to do or advise.

Answers: