The Origins of a Taboo

ARCindex

disclaimer

ARC Forum3 index

Re: Closed foreskin

Written by Robin at 26 Oct 2005 20:25:52:

As an answer to: Re: Closed foreskin written by David at 20 Oct 2005 03:03:11:

David,

that the foreskin closed up quite rapidly confirms the diagnosis, this was an infection most probably LSA also called BXO a very common problem Lichen schlerosus athrophicus and Balantis Xerotica Obliterans (I always have to think when Im spelling that :)) - anyway as you can see its all very exotic --

Well yes thank you - fear - hummm ... you can be just very thankful yours was a very mild experience ... but actually then it dont help me much!! I like collecting the stories about death-like nightmares and year long sexual perversion ... please dont misunderstand when I joke, its because I want kids monitored for problems ... and as you seem to have realised the medical profession is rather unaware of these matters ... men have repressed them for countless centuries ... thank God for Internet.

Cheers

Robin

>Rob,
>Thanks very much for the answer! I've had several medical students baffled with my descriptions.
>As for the feelings, the only thing really coming to mind is a fear I felt when I saw it was obviously getting worse, and it did so quite rapidly. I think that as a kid, I could see that pretty soon I wouldn't have been able to urinate at all. I don't remember urination ever actually being painful but I had to do it sitting down otherwise I would have sprayed everywhere. I don't really remember any other feelings, certainly nothing along the lines of a change in masculinity which I can imagine I might feel if the event were happening now.
>Is that of any use?
>Good to be able to share knowledge with you,
>
>David
>>Let me now ask a return question. I would be very interested if you can actually remember your feelings when you were a 9 yr. old and slowly started discovering that your foreskin was closing ... apart from the embarrassment in peeing competitions ... any memories??
>>Cheers
>>Rob

Answers: