The Origins of a Taboo

ARCindex

disclaimer

ARC Forum3 index

Re: Dorsal Slit

Written by Robin at 02 Nov 2005 16:30:29:

As an answer to: Re: Dorsal Slit written by Nick at 28 Oct 2005 23:11:02:

Dear Leila,

Firstly - Nick is one of my guardian angels (?) and thank you for forwarding my text message.

Its NOT important that we meet online - it IS important that you realise theres something going on and so you must come back to find out what it is! (so many people just drop away) - and I spent ages after our last exchange considering the geometry of plastic surgery and all I know about phimosis and it would be such a shame if it all went to waste.

So, IF its 4 oclock in the morning on the West coast(?) then sorry for the disturbance and you could go back to sleep and read it all later, ... I believe it will take you a few hours to understand what Ive written -

I have put a file on line
male-initiation.net/circumcision/dorsal_repair.html
please read it.

To complete it - I need to know

why was your son operated ?
was the foreskin closing up ?
or was it just not opening out ?
did he have infections ?
WHY did he need operating ?

It wont be clear why I need to know this till youve read the rest, but if theres a simple answer, then I could save you waiting another week ...

whats your sons name?

and I will sign off here because following are just a couple of side notes

cheers

Robin

PS.

It seems your Canadian doctor has been influenced by the anti circumcision movement and in doing a dorsal slit he achieved his aim of retaining all the foreskin,

This is a doubtful aim. The main problem with medicine on this point is that not very many doctors actually know what the problems with foreskins are, - its simple for them, if theres a problem one performs a circumcision and removes the whole aparatus.

Since the anti circ movement started publicisng an almost sacred perfection of the foreskin (and they have such great presence online with 100s of mini sites), it seems more doctors are feeling compelled to save the foreskin in its entirety, rather than removing it entirely, however still the specific problems with foreskins are still being igmored.

Consider that the phimotic ring was first named in a medical report in 1986 - previously it wasnt recognised enough to have warranted our culture naming this common part of the external body. - It still has no latin name. (On such points I always remember the eskimos who have 19 words for different forms of snow, snow is so real that their culture needed to define it).

And so it is very possible that a cosmetic surgeon will also not be aware of exact specific foreskin problems, and I see a great danger in this .... so, please answer question to pic4 on dorsal_repair.html ...

--------------------

I keep thinking things like - behind every problem is an experience which we can learn from.

7 is perhaps a bit young - and you would know far better how brainy he is and etc. but my idea is maybe you could explain my pictures to him and get him into geometry at the same time with the "Z" cuts (maybe he will turn into an architect or a surgeon ... )

Yrs. ago to experiment, I tried thinking out a material which compares with skin, ...I can think of no comparison - one has to imagine it.
Particularly the inner foreskin is like a pleated dress, there is a lot of play room, the outer foreskin as well is far more flexible and elastic than any man made fiber ... even a balloon cut and spread out has nothing of the flexibility and potential to spread itself around new forms

At least take time to get him to feel he will end up with something very special - (it is very special .... hope moneys no problem - I guess around 1000 dollars).

There could also be a problem with the frenulum. Let us check this in advance. It is a problem which 5 - 10% boys have after puberty - and if we're going to stitch his foreskin together again, then it would just be very wise to check were not going to get new problems later .... so, when were up to that point - remind me - and I'll lead you through it. - you should probably examine Dads first.

Answers: