Home Site:
Male Initiation and the Phimosis Taboos

The Origins of a Taboo

ARCindex

disclaimer

ARC Forum3 index

Re: frenuloplasty question

Written by Rob at 07 Dec 2005 18:27:34:

As an answer to: frenuloplasty question written by dude at 06 Dec 2005 17:54:41:

Hi,

frenuloplasty cuts into the frenulum and realigns it, sewing it into the shaft skin, so that it doesnt pull any more.

The V-shaped skin or just the string that connects the V-shaped skin with the top of the glans?

Not quite sure of your description, do you have just a string of skin which is holding the foreskin forward? This is occasionally reported. Frenulums come in all different shapes and sizes. Do you have just a string, does it have any blood vessels in it?

cheers robin

and I include this report from one of my files:

Broken Bridle
As for my frenulum (I've always called it my bridle), I think all through when I was growing up it was short, but thin. When I got my foreskin right back after I'd cleared the adhesions, it pulled on the bottom of my glans, and it pulled my slit downwards and tightened it, so that it made me urinate in a real jet, which I liked, though, as I said, it didn't last because my phimosis came back. It was O.K. like that till I was about 17, which was when I finally got my foreskin to go to and fro fairly comfortably.

This pulled my bridle to and fro, and slowly it got thinner, and then it separated from the bottom of the shaft and became just a sort of length of tough skin like a bit of string running from the underside of my foreskin to the bottom of my glans, with an eye hole between it and the underside of my penis. Finally, one day, when I was masturbating in the bath , it just broke. It didn't hurt much, and there was only a tiny bit of blood, and that was it. I was a bit sorry, I haven't got any bridle at all now.

After mine ripped, there were very small dangly bits at each end, that is, on my glans and on the underside of my foreskin, but they both soon disappeared, and just went back into the rest of the skin there.

>
> Does frenuloplasty remove the frenulum or just cut it without removing anything?
> If the first option, is the frenulum removed totally or partially(what exactly)?
> Also, what is removed(or cut) ? The V-shaped skin or just the string that connects the V-shaped skin with the top of the glan?

Answers: