The Origins of a Taboo

ARCindex

disclaimer

ARC Forum3 index

Re: Phimosis?

Written by Robin at 30 Dec 2005 16:53:13:

As an answer to: Re: Phimosis? written by Bryan at 28 Dec 2005 17:49:42:

Hello Derek and Bryan,

You seem to be generally doing fine on this thread without me, anyway theres a couple of points Id like to clear up.

First yes 19 yrs. old - be thankful youre not 43 when you discover youre different (like I was) on the other hand, it would have been thoughtful if the doctors would have cleared this problem up for you before puberty, rather than leaving you to discover it alone just as youre getting ready to jump into bed with every available woman ... (or man?)

I must correct one point, The phimotic ring does not exert an equal pressure from the top side of the glans, when you pull the foreskin backwards, a short frenulum will pull the glans and entire foreskin (inclusive phimotic ring) downwards.

>You will see that a way to diagnose it is if you pull back on your foreskin and >the glans starts to point downwards. This may be hard to see as the phimosis on >the top side may add equal pressure meaning they just balance each other out >and your glans will point normally.

The .0001% chance of strecthing a frenulum particularly when it is so short is not worth considering for someone with a phimotic ring.

In all probability the ring is a primary ring (ie. from birth) and will stretch (without steroids in around 2 weeks - with steroids in a week) - however trying to stretch it against a frenulum breve is pointless.

It sure looks to me as though you should try and find a surgeon (urologists can operate the frenulum, but a surgeon can as well and a surgeon is just better at surgery) and get the frenuloplasty done.

So, my advice is NOT to stretch the phimotic ring first and then see if you have a frenulum problem, my advice is that you check your diagnosis for frenulum breve (male-initiation.net/phimosis_summary.html) get the frenulum operated and then try strecthing the ring.

Cheers

Robin

Answers: