The Origins of a Taboo

ARCindex

disclaimer

ARC Forum3 index

Re: Phimosis?

Written by Thomas at 04 Jan 2006 21:03:43:

As an answer to: Phimosis? written by Derek at 24 Dec 2005 08:15:57:

>Hi,
>Im 19 years old from the UK and just realised that it isnt normal to be unable to fully retract the foreskin. Thank you for all the articles on your site, they have been very helpful for me, although im still a bit unsure about my condition:
>As far back as I can remember, i have never been able to fully retract my foreskin whether erect or not - however i can retract it slightly to reveal the top of my glands. My foreskin is quite flexible, but im a bit scared to try and force it to retract fully. Should I consider trying to strech the foreskin?
>A reply would be much appreciated
>Thanks

This might sound a bit strange but I am also a 19 year old from the UK and I've just realised I have this condition. I can only retract my foreskin as far as is shown in this picture:

https://www.foreskin.org/tilted5.jpg

However, I've never had any problems with it apart from when urinating (I can't direct it and have always had to sit down) but I've never felt any pain or discomfort. At one point I actually thought it was abnormal for the foreskin to retract as far as it does. Is this really a "problem"? Thanks.

Answers: