The Origins of a Taboo

ARCindex

disclaimer

ARC Forum3 index

Re: A bit worried.

Written by Robin at 26 Jan 2006 19:59:16:

As an answer to: A bit worried. written by Shawn at 24 Jan 2006 00:09:43:

Hello Shawn,

Firstly, it is important to realise that very many men have phimosis. Or would you call 10% seldom? ... You have been reading too much biased literature. Unfortunately the anti-circumcision movement use statistics from only one study which gives statistics as the result of 7 years stretching and education - it is really quite ridiculous, but fanatics usually are!

Rest assured that phimosis is occurring in 10% of young men - my refs. are at least 5 medical studies: Schoeberlein Saitmacher Osmond Beauge Parkash and others. So please dont feel like a rarity, this is exactly what the anti circumcision movement wants you to believe.

I doubt very much if the anaesthetists would do their job so badly that you would wake up during an operation ... just think there are people going in for heart surgery etc. ... (is this another part of the biased rubbish you have been reading?)

Please do not forcefully retract - this could cause paraphimosis, but force is quite useless when stretching a phimotic ring.

Really you seem to have picked up all your info. at some anti circ. site and then come here with crazy scare stories and no clue on realities. Have you never heard of stretching?

Have you read anything on my site?

There are a number of options to cure phimosis without full circumcision, the first option you should attempt is probably stretching, however this will only work if yours is a primary phimotic ring (ie from birth).

Please would you educate yourself on a bit of unbiased information and simply read www.male-initiation.net/phimosis_treatment.html you will probably need the sections on stretching and steroids - however I would be happy if you would simply read this page and then ask more questions.

Cheers

robin

>Hi,
>A need a bit of advice. I have only recently discovered that I have phimosis. I never knew it was a condition very few men have, and as a result, I have become very worried about it.
>The foreskin does not retract fully but only a very small bit and the glans are fairly sensitive to touching. I don't want to forcfully retract it as I fear it will cause paraphimosis. Here is a pic of what it generally looks like when erect:
>https://www.foreskin.org/tilted5.jpg
>I have researched a little on circumsition but it sounds very painful. If I decide to undergo the circumsition, will I be awake during the surgery?
>Are other effective non-surgical methods available?
>I would like a reply as soon as possible, thank you.

Answers: