The Origins of a Taboo

ARCindex

disclaimer

ARC Forum3 index

Re: pain during intercourse

Written by Robin at 26 Jan 2006 22:06:00:

As an answer to: pain during intercourse written by D at 26 Jan 2006 22:05:09:

Hi, D.
You know on reading through this Im fairly sure you have a secondary phimosis caused by BXO, let me explain that slowly. BXO often called LSA and both sound even more horrible if I write them in full: Balanitis Xerotica Obliterans or Lichen Sclerosus et Atrophicus has led to the development of a phimotic ring or "secondary phimosis".

It is partly the speed at which your foreskin is closing up, and partly the lesions you mention which are a typical indication of BXO ... do you have opaque ivory coloured patches on glans or inner foreskin? There is also a possibility that you have diabetes ... It would be really good to have a definate diagnosis, I can only guess that it is BXO. However, whatever is causing it, the phimotic ring is narrowing so quickly that I feel whatever the cause, you must have an operation to open up the foreskin area, and dry out any seeds of any infection.

Circumcision is the normal recommendation, if you wanted to try getting a partial circumcision you would then need to wear the foreskin retracted to achieve a "drying out" literally starving of the infection (... sorry I cant quite remember if BXO is defined as a virus ...) You must decide which of these options you wish for.

I would suggest that you need this operation quickly and if you have a choice, find a surgeon (they are more practiced with ops than urologists) a surgeon who you like and can discuss this with ...

very much good luck

cheers

robin

>I am a 52 year old uncircumised male. I have been divorced for approximately 15 years and have not actively (frequently) engaged in intercourse during that time. I masturbate frequently for release. My foreskin has always been tight but until recently have been able to retract it completely for purposes of hygiene.
>Approximately two years ago I retract the foreskin during a shower and had great difficulty recovering it. I was cautious from that time on not to retract the foreskin. Over the past two years the foreskin has tightened and closed to less than an 1/2 inch opening. I have seen a doctor on only one occasion. He made no diagnosis, but recommended circumsion. This was over a year ago.
>The situation has progressed and at this time I have nearly full closure of foreskin and lesions. I experience great pain during urination and intercourse.
>I have no confirmation of my self-diagnosis, do not know if this is an STD and transmittable to my partner or what options I have for treatment.
>Your information is about all I know. Anymore information or recommendations would be appreciated.

Answers: