The Origins of a Taboo

ARCindex

disclaimer

ARC Forum3 index

Re: A bit worried.

Written by Robin at 02 Feb 2006 20:11:09:

As an answer to: Re: A bit worried. written by Shawn at 27 Jan 2006 01:20:56:

Hi Shawn,

First lets get clear that I am not pro circumcision ... (btw. its spelt circumcision not circumcition) Im just wanting the appropriate cure for each individual. And actually unless infections are involved the first option is stretching ... you can look this up if you want or ask about it ... at present you are asking about circumcision so that is what I will answer.

Healing time depends on the method used to circumcise but we are basicly talking about 2 weeks. Absolutely no pain is involved in the process, because you are under anaesthetic and unless someone makes a beginners mistake you will be numb for around a couple of hours. Then, afterwards you might feel a bit sore.

Yes there are some isolated reports of circumcision being painful - there are also isolated reports of people waking up during heart surgery - yes it will be painful without anaesthetic, and I do sympathise with the anti circers, who often in earliest infancy were circd without any anaesthetic, a bizarre practice.

You really need to consider something about the different forms of circumcision, and I would strongly advise that a partial circumcision is all that is necessary. partial circ. removes the overhang it will also give some protection for the glans (There is also dorsal slit and preputial plasty - the dorsal is sometimes seen as not looking nice - and plasty will probably cost a bit) - still please consider all these options.

The previously covered glans is frequently (perhaps more than half the time)reported as over sensitive. This is reported with simple handling and enduring the pain that it diminishes and vanishes within 2 months. The glans needs time to toughen up - its like any naked skin just after youve cut yourself, it takes a few days till it stops stinging - It seems that generally speaking this is more painful than the circumcision itself! - What I believe you have to consider is that if you dont toughen it up, and you cant touch it yourself, then no pretty young girl will be able to ... so what do you want? - it seems to me a very simple decision ...

take care

Robin

>Hi Robin, Thanks for the reply.
>I have read through the site just as you asked and to be honest, I am feeling a little more confident of my situation. It is true that I was almost convinced to stay away from any circumcition procedures by anti-circumcition sites but not anymore. Now I am considering undergoing the procedure. I do have a couple more questions however about the circumcition procedure and healing time.
>From your knowledge, How much pain is involved in the process? Is there really a loss of sexual sensation after circumcition? And finally, The glans are very sensitive and I feel pain when I touch them, how can I treat this?
>Thank you
>~Shawn

Answers: