The Origins of a Taboo

ARCindex

disclaimer

ARC Forum3 index

Re: please help

Written by Dimitar N.S. at 03 Mar 2006 09:16:20:

As an answer to: Re: please help written by Robin at 02 Mar 2006 19:50:42:

Hi Robin,
The progress is too slow if there is any at all,and maybe the operation is the best solution,but it will wait a little because I am really very busy recently.Just one question about it- does it hurt during the operation? and after it?
"My idea was to pinch the outer foreskin with both hands or both sets of index fingers and thumbs - opposite each other - and then pull outwards."- this is exactly what I do and the hole looks like an opening of a tube.The lower sheet of skin is really hidden under the upper one.
Thanks again for the help.
>Hi Dimitar,
>Thanks for trying, you should actually be getting some success by now. And I feel you want other solutions on the table. So, maybe the point is now to save your energy on the stretching, and consider an operation.
>You have a number of alternatives, and you dont need a full circumcision (I can bet that most doctors will advise the full cut, partly out of habit and partly simply because then they can guarantee that there will be no further problems (frenulum breve etc.).)
>To consult a doctor on surgery you need a surgeon, NOT a urologist (urologists can perform this surgery, but simply a surgeon has far more experience with cutting and would be far more likely to fulfill your personal wishes.)
>Ok so - if I had a friend who was surgeon, I would first request a dorsal slit, to open up the area, allow some freedom and some protection for the newly uncovered glans, and allow a look behind the foreskin to see if everything else was OK. Then I might decide that I didnt like the dorsal slit and request a partial circumcision, which will remove your overhang when flaccid.
>The problem is - the actual operation takes about 10 minutes but all the preparation takes another half hour, so the surgeon might not be willing or happy to consider this ... so the new question for you, .. How much do you want to fight for foreskin preservation?
>(Dorsal means upper side, top side.) - other surgical alternatives which cost money involve preputial plasty -
>There are a collection of links and further info on this on www.male-initiation.net/phimosis_treatment.html about 2 thirds of the way down the page.
>So give me your thoughts on this please
>And Let me just answer your other comments
>>When I pinch the outer foreskin at the front and pull outwards the hole looks like an opening of a tube which is 5-6mm in length as much as I can judge.
>My idea was to pinch the outer foreskin with both hands or both sets of index fingers and thumbs - opposite each other - and then pull outwards.
>>I can't discern two sheets of skin,
>If you pinch the front again and roll it between your finger and thumb, I think you will realise how the foreskin is constructed from two layers of skin.
>cheers
>Robin
>>Some quick answers to your questions-
>>No matter how hard I push, it is impossible to push a little finger through the hole because it is to narrow.
>>When I pinch the outer foreskin at the front and pull outwards the hole looks like an opening of a tube which is 5-6mm in length as much as I can judge.
>>I can't discern two sheets of skin,maybe the lower sheet is hidden by the so-called tube I mentioned.
>>I know that you told me not to get pessimistic but the hole is actually tougher than I thought.I really begin to doubt the possible success of the whole stretching thing,because my case maybe is more complicated than we tought.

Answers: