Male Initiation and the Phimosis Taboos

The Origins of a Taboo

ARCindex

disclaimer

ARC Forum3 index

The story so far.

Written by Chris at 28 Mar 2006 00:08:34:

Ok, here is how it went down.

I'm 20, and in one of those late night internet info binges where you just look up whatever random stuff comes to mind, I found out I had phimosis. I got really nervous, spent the entire night doing research, calmed down a bit, and scheduled the soonest urologist apointment I could get (I was torn between Urology and Dermatology, but I figured the former was more appropriate).

Went in. Still really panicky from not sleeping the entire night. Went in. The doctor had the worst bedside manner I had ever seen in a doctor. Aside from crossing his arms in this really snide way, he insisted that the only real answer was circumcision. Not partial. Outright cutting the thing off. I told him I was very much against circumcision, that I didn't think it was natural and that it was there for a very distinct purpose. He countered that it was completely useless and that the only method of me being happy was to get cut. The dude clearly wanted me to lay down some cash for an operation.

I have never, in my entire life, been more happy that the internet exists.

I asked him about steroid cream. He said he that it wouldn't work. I countered with the success rate figures, with the popularity of the treatment and my overall uncomfortablility with getting cut. He gave in. He gave me a subscription for Triamcinolone Acetonide .5 % and told me to put it on the tight ring. Told me to come back when it didn't work.

He didn't even MENTION stretching.

A week and a half in, I can clean myself, easily. I felt vindicated. It's been getting better and better, but I've kinda plateaued. I can get about half way down the glans when fully erect, but I'm not sure what I should do for stretching now. What is a good stretching exercise to get past those last few centimeters(preferibly with diagrams or pictures)? I tried the "Two small fingers" stretch, but it doesnt seem to be appropriate for what I am doing. Either that or I am not doing it right.

Also, can anyone recommend a good, foreskin-friendly doctor in the NYC area? I kinda don't want a repeat of this whole debacle again.

Answers: